Workers’ Compensation Insurance
If you have employees, then you are responsible if they are injured while on the job. A workers’ compensation insurance policy covers the expenses associated with job-related injuries and illnesses. Some of the most common workers’ compensation claims include:
- Repetitive Motion – These injuries stem from employees repeating the same motions over and over. For example, using a mouse, lifting boxes/office equipment and using a computer keyboard. Common injuries from repetitive motions include tendonitis, carpal tunnel and bursitis.
- Slip, Trip and Falls – Many of the slip, trip, and fall claims arise from employees slipping on wet floors around the workplace and falling on snowy or icy walkways.
- Bodily Reaction – A bodily reaction injury may occur when one trips or slips, avoids falling, but still sustains an injury such as a sprained or twisted ankle.
- Overexertion – Overexertion arises when one lifts, pulls, pushes or throws something, causing injury.
- Struck by Object – This injury occurs most commonly when something falls off a shelf and strikes an employee.
- Highway Incident – This is a common occurrence for employees who travel or run errands for the business.
- Struck Against an Object – This injury occurs when an individual falls into something, or is physically forced into something such as a bookshelf, desk, or other stationary object.
Insurance Planning and Service Company, LLC (IPSCO) has access to many A-rated carriers that offer workers’ compensation coverage. Contact us today to learn more or to obtain a quote.